free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Sunday, February 12, 2006

    Mi Trabajo


    The most satisfied people in the world are the ones that do what they love. How fantastic would it be to actually make your life’s work, your work? If you can’t find a sense of purpose in your day, are you leading that life of quiet desperation Thoreau warned us about? How do we come to realize the value of our work? Is our work truly valuable?

    Friend, we write these posts because we wish to express ourselves. We get pleasure when folks express appreciation for what we say. We get upset when folks say something hurtful about what we say. We say. We share. That is why we are here.

    I have determined that some of us have more to say than others. Some folks blog a little then quit. That is fine. They said all they cared to. We have to be content to enjoy what they offered and move on. Others are never spent. They write post after post or book after book. They paint picture after picture. They give speech after speech.

    From an early age I talked too much. I drew too much. I wrote too much. I still do. I think I always will.

    I like my job. I accomplish things there. But, it is not what I want to do. I want to express myself. Right now I fix equipment. I want to write things people want to read. Now, I write comments about how I fixed the equipment. I want to create. I currently maintain. I want to find interesting people. I currently hunt down contaminants. I want to get up early in the morning. Right now I go to bed late in the morning.

    So step by step I am changing what I do. I am going to make the creative outlets pay off. Today’s step: I’m buying a camera. I’m getting a mid priced camera that is suitable for personal and professional use. For me, this is better than paintbrush or a chisel. I love photography. I’ll be working with the best light expert in the business. He has been doing this work since DAY ONE. He is really creative. This is all of course, contingent on my wife letting me have the camera for a minute or two.