free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Thursday, February 02, 2006

    A little work week fun.

    I had a little fun with some visitors today. I went to sleep as soon as I got home this morning. About eleven o’clock the doorbell rang. I got up and stumbled to the door. I crack open the door and look outside. Two very attractive Hispanic ladies are standing outside wearing Sunday dresses.

    I say hello. They say that they are Jehovah’s Witnesses and ask if there are any Spanish speakers in the house. Somehow in my stupor pure comedy comes right out, “Nadie habla español aquí.” They looked at each other in total confusion, then thanked me and let me go back to sleep.

    Last night Jason, my coworker, had some more fun with Roxxanne.

    I get a text page reading, “BWH, when you see me, will you please tell me what ‘bull way’ and ‘up dog’ mean. Jason keeps asking me about them and I don’t know what they mean. He said to ask you. Roxxanne.”

    Later Roxxanne comes over to where I’m working. Jason is lurking and watching. “BWH, what’s up dog?” I reply, “Not much dog. What’s up with you?” She gets that one and scowls a bit. “Ok, what’s bull way?” “A bull typically weighs at least a thousand pounds.” “A thousand pounds of what?” “Beef, Roxxanne. Beef.” “ Uh, I still don’t get it.”

    Before it is all said and done, Roxxanne will get as mean as we are. She's probably going to leave me a nasty comment.