free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Saturday, January 14, 2006

    Waiting


    Patience is difficult thing to me. It seems I have no choice though. Some things are beyond my control. It is pretty silly to worry about things beyond my control. So I wait.

    I wait for the day that I will actually hear this boy say what he wants. I wait for the day when he will actually say what he means. I wait for the day when he will actually say how he feels. I wait for the day that he will say anything at all.

    Some things are worth the wait. I’m pretty sure this will be one of them. I see the gears turning in his mind. I know that there are terribly interesting things going on in there. I want to know him better.

    Things have been tough for us lately. He has been hurting himself. He has been hurting the ones he loves. He can’t tell us why. Maybe God will use this to motivate him to speak.

    Raising Tiger is like casting my line on the water. I do it over and over again with no results. The only key is to keep casting until something bites. So I cast and I reel in my hope over and over again.

    The first music I ever bought was “Hard Promises” from Tom Petty. Some of the lyrics ring in my brain.

    The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part.

    One day my boy will speak to me. He has overcome so much so far. I can only expect him to keep going. That is what he does.