free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Sunday, January 22, 2006

    Carpe Diem

    Over the past few months I frequently see that folks will take some time off from blogging. We have to take care of the things in our lives that are more important. I have also seen folks reevaluate their lives and blog about it. I was really disappointed when Stacy from Not a Desperate Housewife pretty much quit. But I totally understand why she did.

    Blogging can take up a lot of time. I eat up copious portions of my own time just reading and commenting. It is easy to do. You folks are interesting. Comment threads can be a lot of fun. I really don’t invest a bunch of time in posting but commenting can kill a day fast.

    I say all of this in the context wanting to make the most of my life. Today’s sermon got under my skin. It was over being productive with our lives. My days are spent. Completely spent. They are spent making money and spending it. They are spent taking care of the family. They are spent taking care of business. They are spent in front of this monitor too. I have to look at the time God gives me and evaluate my own performance. I have to judge how worthwhile my activities are.

    I think I am a poor steward of my talents and my time. I am not happy with what I have accomplished. I don’t love what I do. I don’t think God does either. So, I have made some decisions. Today is a day of repentance. Today I have changed my mind.

    I have decided to spend more time on what really matters and feel better at the end of each day. This will affect my Job, my days off and my blogging.

    • I am more determined now to work my way out of my job. I want to work toward two things. I will own a business and I will write children’s novels. If those two things are related, great. If they aren’t, great.
    • I will become involved in ministry. I am going to correspond with folks in other countries. Some need the Gospel. Some need encouragement and discipleship. Some need me.
    • I will change my blogging habits. Some folks are too longwinded. So I may just look at some post and say, “No.” I may give up on the legal blogs altogether except for STACLU. I only want to read the stuff that encourages me. I will become even more of a drive by commenter. I have sucked up too much space on comment threads for too long. Sorry Clew, this means I can’t be your comment stalker anymore.
    So, excuse me. I have some planning to do. I've been playing by ear too long.