free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Sunday, September 18, 2005

    Rangers Lead The Way


    To paraphrase scripture, “Children are like ammo. Blessed is he whose dope bag is full.” Let me introduce you to one of my bullets. His name is Alexander. He is Great.

    When he was a toddler, I would ask him what he planned to do for the day. He would respond, “I’m going to fight the evil!” That seems to be his calling.

    Alex currently wants to grow up to be a Ranger. Not a Texas Ranger but an Army Ranger. This started when watching football on TV. We were watching one of the many Pat Tillman tributes during a game. He asked so I told him Tillman’s story. Since then he wants to be a Ranger.

    I use this as a motivator. If he doesn’t follow directions in class, I ask him, “If you won’t follow orders, how will you lead the way?” If something is too hard, I challenge him by saying Rangers can do it. It seems to work pretty well. He’s shaping up into good man.

    He inspires me. You see he thinks about his heroes. He can be motivated by thinking about what his heroes do. He picks good ones too: Jason (king of Iolcus), Davy Crockett, Aragorn, the Rangers et cetera. I wish I could do that as consistently as he does. I often get distracted by feeling sorry for myself. I’m glad I can see Alex’s character and mettle. He snaps me out of my pity party pretty fast.

    Rangers lead the Way! Lead the way little Ranger! Lead the Way!