free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Monday, August 15, 2005

    Over-Haulin

    Sorry that it has been so long between posts. I have been quite busy.

    It is not funny how singing songs you have known for years and reading scripture you have read a million times can bring sudden inspiration. Yesterday in church we sang “My hope is built,” and listened to a sermon that used Hebrews 6:19. This hit me like a hammer.

    Fist the lyrics and passage in question are:
    “In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil.”
    “This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one that enters within the veil, (Hebrews 6:19 NAS)”

    For some time now I have persuaded people to optimism by taking account of blessings and successes in their lives. This is to give folks a concrete reason to take heart. Now I see that people of faith have a hope, an optimism that is based on something far more intense. This hope is not in the knowledge of things past but in unknown things. The key words are: within the veil. You see this is not merely a reference to God. This refers to the unrevealed things of God.

    I can look at my blessings and trust that the same God who gives me these has bigger things in store for later. He has told me about some of them but not all of them. Even the things I think I know about, will surprise me when I see them.

    It is like an episode of “Over-Haulin’”. You know Chip Foose is going to do incredible things to this person’s car because he always has done remarkable things in past episodes. He still never fails to have plenty of wow factor.

    Chip puts his pants on one leg at a time just like me. Imagine the wow factor involved in your life. You are being overhauled by The Creator of Heaven and Earth. Just imagine what could be in His workshop. Just imagine how you will jump, scream and bawl when you see your new custom life.

    As for me, I’m going to smile each time I think about what is behind the curtain.