free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Sunday, March 26, 2006

    I need a Mechanic

    The Preacher got to me this morning. He has a talent for doing just that.

    Some preachers spend time, “staying up to date.” They cover the, “issues of the day.” I can respect that. But my preacher does something that I have learned to value more than that. He is a back to the basics kind of person. He likes to cover the basics of character.

    Anger and violence are big part of my sordid past. Too often they are a part of my sordid present. I don’t want to share the details. Trust me. You don’t want to know anyway. Suffice it to say that it is a problem.

    This morning the preacher talked about the check engine light on his car. He compared it to angry outburst. Anger is like a check engine light for the heart. That is what gets me.

    I have been driving around with my indicator lights on for some time. I spend a lot of time trying to fix my own problems. That doesn’t always work our very well. Things I am willing to live with can be more destructive than I recognize. When the indicators lights come on, I have to go to the Soul Mechanic. I don’t have the training, equipment or the knowledge to fix it myself.

    Create in me a clean heart O God. Fix these things in my soul before I blow a gasket. Remove my resentment as I forgive. Let the evil in me die and make me New. Live in me.