free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Thursday, March 09, 2006

    I miss the music.

    Dallas needs a Classic Country station. Given the size of this market, the heritage and demographics of this place, I can’t figure out why we don’t have one.

    When we took our road trip we tuned into a station having a classic country weekend. We were using the scan button and stopped when I heard Conway Twitty. Then it happened. Somebody knew what I wanted to hear. Everything That Glitters started to play.

    I have grown to love much of the music that I once took for granted. Among the most under appreciated artists is Dan Seals. He is a true wordsmith and a fantastic songwriter.

    When I was a kid listening to more Metal than Country my favorite song of his was Addicted. It sort of described the way I felt about my own love life. Big Wheels in the Moonlight appealed to the wanderlust in all of us country fans or not. My Daddy’s favorite was always My Baby’s Got Good Timing. I think everyone reading knows enough words to One Friend to sing along. I listen to You Still Move Me and it still does.

    One little song can send me back to my Daddy’s shop in Odessa Texas in 1985. Those days are gone. But, I am going to download a bunch of old songs. I hope I have money in the bank if ever come across a 1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88. I don’t think I could resist buying a time machine. Each time I travel back I get Love On Arrival.