free web tracker

  • < link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://bigwhitehat.blogspot.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://bigwhitehat.us">
    < link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://bigwhitehat.com/" />

    bigwhitehat

    “No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that is in the right and keeps on a-comin’.” Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas

    Good guys wear white hats. And they never run out of bullets.

    Friday, March 03, 2006

    Adorable Little Vermin

    A few years back we were living in Winters Texas. When you live in Winters, you typically shop in Abilene. We would all load up and head to town. No as you can imagine, a bunch of small children and Wal-Mart are a bad combination. So we came up with this solution: drop me and the children off at the park while Echo does the shopping.

    Abilene has some fine parks. The one we chose was pretty nice. It had a top notch playground and was quite large. It also had a fantastic feature: a two foot tall concrete wall that encompassed a prairie dog village. This kept the little critters out of places where they would be a nuisance and made a nice little spectacle.

    Now I love March. I love it because I am and have always been a kite flyer. I like two string kites so I can control them. At this time I had a dandy. A black and purple Beetle with a high wind package. So the children were on the playground and I was steps away flying the Beetle. I was flying it close to the prairie dog village.

    No surprise. The kids forsook the slides and swings to come to see the show. As long as the kite stayed high in the sky, the villagers were contently going about their busy little lives. But with every swoop, came utter mayhem. As soon as they all resurfaced, swoop! All of the children, mine and the rest, came to laugh in sheer schadenfreude. Now that’s entertainment.

    P.S. Check out Stacy's new job.